Advanced UX Evaluation in a Business Context
The course aims to equip students with a holistic view of the evaluation lifecycle, from managing client relationships and defining project mandates to conducting a UX evaluation on behalf of a client and generating design recommendations.
In this course, students will develop the core competencies of user experience professionals required to engage in the evaluation of a digital artifact (e.g., website, mobile application, information system). Combining a multi-method approach with a variety of measurement instruments, students will mobilize their requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities through a hands-on, collaborative approach in planning, executing, evaluating, and reporting on a complete design and development of a digital artifact. In doing so, they will be applying advanced UX evaluation techniques, while developing their skills competencies in managing client relations.
- Multi-method approach in UX evaluation;
- User-centered evaluation in collaboration with stakeholders including team members, clients, and end users;
- Implementation of an agile evaluation process for testing a digital artifact;
- Development of evaluation protocols, implementation of UX assessments, interpretation of collected data, and generation of takeaways for the benefit of clients;
- Advanced evaluation paradigms (e.g., accessibility; conformity; quality assurance) and methodology (e.g. remote testing and neuroscientific testing);
- Management of the evaluation lifecycle;
- Innovations in UX evaluation.
Institution: HEC Montréal
Program: Expérience utilisateur dans un contexte d'affaires
(User Experience in Business Context)
Professor: Pierre-Majorique Léger
AssociateProfessor: Constantinos Coursaris
Semester: Winter 2022